Raees Controversy ranges from Regional to National and International level.
Under the banners of Red Chillies Entertainment and Excel Entertainment, Shahrukh Khan’s Raees produced by Gauri Khan, Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar has faced lots of controversies from the beginning itself. Raees controversy started with a clearance issue by Archaeological Survey of India for shooting the movie at Sarkhej Roza, a mosque and tomb complex located in the village of Makarba, near Ahmedabad, Gujrat. There was also a protest when the film was getting shot at Bhuj. Listed here 5 most important Raees Controversy –
1. As initially it was said that the movie is based on the life of Abdul Latif the gangster. There was a notice sent by Abdul Latif’s son as how a movie on his father is being made. Later it was made clear that the film a pure fiction and not based on any one’s life.
2. Mahira Khan, the leading lady of Raees is from Pakistan. After the Uri Attack, there was a Ban on Pakistani Actors and films they are attached with. MNS also asked Rs 5Crore for the Army Welfare Fund from the makers of the film for being associated with a Pakistani Actress.
3. Ankita Shorey was said to be the original choice for the film. But later Ankita made it clear that as the film demand an original Pakistani look and that’s why Mahira Khan got the role and it’s nothing to do with Nationality.
4. Raees was supposed to get released on the occasion of EID 2016, but avoiding a clash with Salman Khan’s Sultan it got postponed. The next date announced was 26th January 2017 which again clashed with Hrithik Roshan’s Kaabil. Then the date was preponed to 25th January avoiding the clash and having some early benefit, Kaabil also preponed its release to 25th January. Now both the movie will be releasing on the same date.
5. Last but not the least, once the trailer of Raees released, Shia Community filed a complaint about using some religious symbol with the film which should be removed immediately.